Once a post from Growth Platform has been published to your blog, you can then go in and edit the post’s content and/or images however you’d like. However, you’re not able to edit a post until it is on your own website.
If you’d like to edit a Growth Platform post right away, you will need to have it published to your site right away. Then, you can immediately hide it from your blog by setting it to Draft status in your WordPress dashboard while you’re making the edits to the post.
Changing a post to draft status
1. From your website’s main dashboard, find the Posts tab in the black toolbar running up and down the left-hand side of your screen, as shown here:
2. Clicking on Posts will take you to a page that will list all of the posts you’ve created for your blog. Find the post you’d like to unpublish while editing and click on that post’s title to open it up in the Post Editor.
3. In the upper right corner of the Post Editor screen, you’ll see a box labeled Publish. Click the blue Edit link text next to Status: Published, as shown here:
4. This will display a new dropdown menu underneath Status: Published, as shown here:
5. Click the arrows next to Published to expand all options in the dropdown menu, then select Draft as shown here:
6. Click the gray OK button to save the status change, as shown here:
7. Then click the blue Update button, as shown below, to save all changes to the post.
The post is now hidden from your website’s visitors so now you can make as many edits as you’d like to personalize it as much as you want.
Once you’ve finished making all of your changes to the post, you can publish it to your blog right away by reversing the steps above, or you can also choose to schedule it to publish at a future date
Now you can make edits to it while it’s not live on your website! Then, you can publish it or schedule it to publish for a future date.
Scheduling your post for the future
8. Still in the Post Editor, in the same box labeled Publish, click the blue Edit link text next to Publish immediately, as shown here:
9. This will display various dropdown menus, as shown below, allowing you to change the publication Month, Day, Year, Hour, and Minute.
10. When you have chosen your future post date & time, click the gray OK button.
11. Finally, click the blue Schedule button, as shown below, to save all of your changes and schedule your post.