Sometimes written content just isn’t enough to really draw in your website visitors. Many people choose to add images to their pages and posts for this reason. Another great way to further engage with your visitors and make sure they don’t leave your page right away, is by using videos.
Plus, as an added bonus, it’s been said that embedding videos can also help your page to rank better with Google.
1. On YouTube, find and open the video you want to embed on your site.
2. Click the Share link, as shown here:
3. Click Embed, as shown here:
4. You will find iframe code and some options boxes. The first box will let you embed a YouTube video that starts at a specific time. To adjust the time you need to watch the video first and pause at the desired time. You can also show the player controls such as play/pause, volume, and the fast-forward button by checking the second boxes.
5. Copy the entire iframe code, as shown here:
6. Back in your website’s Page Editor, make sure you’re working in the Text tab, as shown here:
7. Create a new line between paragraphs where you want to add the video on your page, and paste the iframe code to that line, as shown here:
8. Click the blue Update button to save your changes, as shown here:
9. Your video will now be embedded on the front end of your web page.
What if it’s not a YouTube video?
We used YouTube as our example in this tutorial because it is the most popular video hosting platform among our clients. However, WordPress supports embeds from a lot more video hosting sites than just YouTube.
Here’s a list of all the platforms you can embed a video to your WordPress website from: