Once you get used to Social Genie, the process of managing your social media becomes so much easier.
Here is a quick Getting Started guide. Of course, if you have any questions or need any help, you can use this widget to chat with us directly :).
If you’d prefer to watch a video over text and screenshots, here is a video walkthrough of SocialGenie:
First — You’ll want to connect one or more social media accounts. Don’t worry: SocialGenie will only publish to your Business Pages, not your personal pages. If you’ve removed the pop-up to connect social media accounts, just click on the menu button (the 3 lines in the upper-righthand corner) and select “settings”.
Once Connected — You need to Add a Campaign. Click here to be taken to the campaigns dashboard and click the orange button labeled “+ new campaign.” You can choose to utilize a pre-created Brighter Vision campaign or you can create one of your own. A campaign is a collection of social media posts around a specific topic. The Brighter Vision’s pre-created campaigns are already populated with a bunch of relevant posts, so they’re ready to start publishing right away.
After adding a campaign, you’ll need to choose its settings, such as what social media platforms it will publish to, whether you want your logo to display, and whether you want your website’s URL included at the end of your posts. Don’t worry though; all of these settings can easily be changed later. If you wish to connect more social media accounts, upload your logo, or add your website’s URL, you can do so at any point in time on your account settings page.
Schedule a Campaign — You should now be on the schedule page. From here, you’ll want to add your new campaign to your publishing schedule.
Choose your campaign from the dropdown, choose a date for it to start on (we recommend starting it 1-2 days in the future so you have time to customize your campaign), and the posting frequency for it. To get started, we recommend choosing for it to repeat every 1 day and end once all posts are finished.
Now, Let’s Customize Your Campaign — Let’s move into the campaign’s post library by clicking campaigns at the top of your screen and clicking the button with the plus symbol for the new campaign.
This will take you to the post library for that particular campaign. On your campaign’s posts page, you can do a few things:
- Re-organize the order of your posts — They publish in the order you currently see them. Just click the top right Move icon (crossed arrows) and drag its tile to a new location to re-organize the order.
- Edit a post — You can edit the text and the image by clicking the Pencil icon.
- Delete a post — If you don’t like a post, you can delete it from your campaign by clicking the Trash Can icon.
What Else You Can Do — From here, we recommend doing one of three things:
- Creating more campaigns — Either create your own campaign or use more Brighter Vision pre-created campaigns.
- Browsing the Public Library and finding posts to Favorite (by clicking the heart in the top left) or adding to a campaign.
- Add multiple timeslots for a campaign — It can be helpful to publish the same post at multiple times so that you can be sure that all of your followers see it. To do this, you can easily copy a campaign by navigating to the campaigns page, clicking the options arrow for the campaign you’d like to copy, and then selecting “duplicate campaign.” From there, you can schedule another timeslot for the campaign’s new copy.
Of course, we are here to help you every step of the way! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us through this Support Widget 🙂