Note: This tutorial is only applicable for Brighter Vision’s Paris, Denver, and Playful themes. These instructions may vary if your website is on a different theme.
For assistance making edits on another theme, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
1. Log in to your website’s WordPress dashboard.
If you need help with this step, please see this help article: How Do I Log In To My Website’s WordPress Dashboard?
2. Click on the Slides tab in the menu on the left-hand side of your dashboard:
3. You will then be taken to the Slides page that will list all of the images you’re currently using on your Homepage:
4. Find and click on the slide you’d like to edit:
5. Next, use the following instructions to make your desired edits:
Editing the Image
To change the photo, scroll down a bit to find the ‘Featured Image’ section on the righthand side of the post editor and click on the image to replace it:
You will then be given the opportunity to select another image from your Media Library, or you can upload a new image by clicking this tab:
Once you’ve selected your new Homepage Slider image, click the blue ‘Set featured image’ button:
Note: The recommended size for your Homepage slider image is 1920 pixels wide x 950 pixels tall.
Editing the Text
To change the title, highlight and replace everything in the large text box at the top of the post editor:
To remove the title, scroll down to the bottom of your post editor and uncheck this box:
To change the second line of text, highlight everything between the code as shown below, and replace it with your preferred text:
To remove the second line of text, simply highlight everything in this text editor section and delete it:
Editing the Button
To change the text of your button, scroll down to the bottom of your post editor, find the ‘Button Text’ section and edit the text in this box:
To change the page your button is linking to, scroll down to the bottom of your post editor, find the ‘Slide Link’ section and select the desired page from this dropdown menu:
To remove the button, scroll down to the bottom of your post editor and uncheck this box:
6. When you’ve finished editing the Homepage Slide, click this blue ‘Publish’ button to save your changes: