Note: These instructions will allow you to reset your password for your WordPress account if you do not remember your current password.
However, if you do remember your current password, you can follow these instructions to update your account’s login information from within the WordPress dashboard: How Do I Update My WordPress Login Information?
- Go to your website’s login page – this will be your website’s URL with /wp-admin added on to the end.
- For example, if your website’s URL is https://amazingtherapist.com then your website’s login page will be https://amazingtherapist.com/wp-admin
- The screen for your website’s login page will like this:
- Click the blue Lost your password link text below the Password box, as shown here:
- Enter the email address you have associated with your WordPress User profile, then click the blue Get New Password button to request an email with a password reset link, as shown here:
- Once you receive this email from WordPress, click on the long URL at the bottom of the message, as shown here:
- You will then be redirected to a password reset page, where you will be asked to enter your new password.
- Once you have entered your new password, click the blue Reset Password button to save it, as shown here:
How to Reset Your WordPress Password: