Note: These instructions will allow you to reset the password for your WordPress account from within your website’s dashboard.
However, if you do not remember your login password, you can follow these instructions to request an email with a password reset link: How Do I Reset My WordPress Password If I Can’t Remember It?
- Log in to your website’s dashboard by opening a new browser tab and typing your your website’s URL followed by /wp-admin/
- For example, if your website’s URL is https://amazingtherapist.com, your website’s login page will be https://amazingtherapist.com/wp-admin/
- Find and click on the Profile tab in the black and white toolbar on the lefthand side of your WordPress dashboard, as shown here:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see the Account Management section, and click on the Generate Password button, as shown here:
- You can now choose to accept the random password it creates for you, or feel free to type in anything you would like to use for your password instead.
- If you choose to replace the suggested password with a very simple password, you will see a warning message like this:
- In this case, you will also need to check the box to Confirm use of weak password, as shown here:
- Once you are done, click on the blue Update Profile button to save the changes, as shown here: