You can migrate your existing email messages to webmail using most desktop email applications. We recommend using Microsoft Outlook (PC users) or Mac Mail (Apple users).
Step 1. Sign in to your old email
- Begin by signing in to the email account with your old host (the email you’re wanting to migrate messages from) using IMAP settings, in your preferred email application.
Tip: If you’re not sure how to do this, you will need to contact your old/current email host for assistance; Brighter Vision’s Support Team cannot help with third party accounts.
Step 2. Sign in to your new webmail email
- Sign in to your new webmail email account in the same email application by adding another account, also using IMAP settings:
- Server Hostname: mail.b.hostedemail.com
- Port: 993
- SSL: Enabled
- For a full tutorial on setting up your new webmail account in Microsoft Outlook, see Webmail Setup – Outlook.
- For a full tutorial on setting up your new webmail account in Mac Mail, see Webmail Setup – Mac Mail.
Step 3. Move your messages
- Once you’ve properly synced both email accounts to your preferred desktop mail application, you should see them both within your mail application, as shown here:
- Drag and drop each folder from the old account into your new webmail account, as shown here:
Note: If you’re having difficulty performing a self-serve migration as described above, contact our Support Team for assistance.