Thanks for choosing to move your domain name over to Brighter Vision!
Before our team can help, you will first need to log in to your 1&1 account here and prepare your domain for transfer by following these 3 steps:
Step 1: Change Your Domain’s Privacy Settings to Public
If you are using private registration for your domain, you must disable it on 1&1’s end before we can start a domain transfer. You can skip this step if your domain doesn’t have privacy protection.
- From your main dashboard, click Domains & SSL, as shown here:
- Select the domain name you wish to transfer, as shown here:
- From the domain details page, switch over to the Privacy & Contact Details tab, as shown here:
- If Private Registration is active on your domain the toggle will appear blue, as shown here:
- Simply click the toggle to disable private registration, then you should see a confirmation message similar to this one:
- Once the change is processed and privacy has been disabled on your domain, it will look like this:
- Note: if the private registration option is not displayed on the Privacy & Contact Details page, it is not available for this domain extension and therefore does not need to be disabled.
Step 2: Unlock Your Domain
For security reasons, 1&1 domains are locked against transfer by default. Before you start a domain transfer, you must disable this transfer lock.
- Switch over to the Renewal & Transfer tab, as shown here:
- You will see another blue toggle next to Domain transfer lock, as shown here:
- Click this toggle to unlock your domain, then you should see a confirmation message similar to this one:
- Once the change is processed and your domain is unlocked, it will look like this:
- Note: it may take up to 24 hours for their system to recognize this change.
Step 3: Request a Transfer Authorization Code
The authorization code prevents unauthorized third parties from accessing your domain. We will need this code as proof that you have already approved (authorized) the domain transfer.
- Directly underneath where you unlocked your domain, in the Change provider section, click the blue Show Authorization Code link text, as shown here:
- The authorization code will display in a new window, as shown here:
- Save this code to transfer your domain to us and close the window.
Once you have completed all of the above steps to ensure your domain is prepared for transfer, the next will be to send our Support Team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you are ready to proceed, and to share your domain’s transfer authorization code (from step 3) with us.
After we receive this code, we will then have all the necessary information needed to move your domain over to Brighter Vision. Once we have initiated the transfer, a member of our Support Team will reach out via email to let you know.
From here, we will keep our eyes on things and let you know if anything else is needed from your end. Otherwise, your transfer will be completed within approximately 7 days from the date we initiated the transfer.