Thanks for choosing to move your domain name over to Brighter Vision!
Before our team can help, you will first need to log in to your Google Domains account here and prepare your domain for transfer by following these 3 steps:
Step 1: Unlock Your Domain
For security reasons, Google domains are locked against transfer by default. Before you start a domain transfer, you must disable this transfer lock.
- In the left navigation, click My domains, as shown here:
- Click the to open the Settings tab, as shown here:
- Under Domain lock, ensure your domain is unlocked, as shown here:
- If not, click the gray Unlock domain button, as shown here:
Step 2: Change Your Domain’s Privacy Settings to Public
If you are using private registration for your domain, you must disable it on Google’s end before we can start a domain transfer. You can skip this step if your domain doesn’t have privacy protection.
- In the same Settings tab, under Private Registration, ensure the second radio button is selected for Make my info public, as shown here:
- Note: you may or may not see a confirmation message appear after changing your privacy setting. If you do, select Yes, make it public within the consent dialog.
Step 3: Request a Transfer Authorization Code (EPP Code)
The authorization code prevents unauthorized third parties from accessing your domain. We will need this code as proof that you have already approved (authorized) the domain transfer.
- At the top of the page, click the Expires/Registration tab, as shown here:
- Note: this usually appears as a countdown showing the number of days left in your registration.
- Under Transfer Out, click the gray Get authorization code button:
- Your authorization code will then be provided. Save this code to transfer your domain to us.
Once you have completed all of the above steps to ensure your domain is prepared for transfer, the next will be to send our Support Team an email at email@example.com letting us know you are ready to proceed, and to share your domain’s transfer authorization code (from step 3) with us.
After we receive this code, we will then have all the necessary information needed to move your domain over to Brighter Vision. Once we have initiated the transfer, a member of our Support Team will reach out via email to let you know.
From here, we will keep our eyes on things and let you know if anything else is needed from your end. Otherwise, your transfer will be completed within approximately 7 days from the date we initiated the transfer.