Thanks for choosing to move your domain name over to Brighter Vision!
Before our team can help, you will first need to log in to your Bluehost account here and prepare your domain for transfer by following these 3 steps:
Step 1: Unlock Your Domain
For security reasons, Bluehost domains are locked against transfer by default. Before you start a domain transfer, you must disable this transfer lock.
- In the toolbar on the left side of your main account dashboard, click the Domains tab, as shown here:
- Find the domain you want to unlock and click the Manage link on the right end of its row, as shown here:
- Make sure you are working in the Security tab, as shown here:
- The first box in this tab will be labeled Transfer Lock. If your box looks like the image below, click the blue toggle to unlock your domain.
- Once your domain is unlocked, the toggle will appear gray and the text will read “Domain unlocked and available for transfer” as shown here:
Step 2: Change Your Domain’s Privacy Settings to Public
If you are using private registration for your domain, you must disable it on Bluehost’s end before we can start a domain transfer. You can skip this step if your domain doesn’t have privacy protection.
- Still working in the Security tab, scroll down to the second box labeled Domain Privacy. If your box looks like the image below, click the blue toggle to disable privacy on your domain.
- Once your privacy has been turned off, the toggle will appear gray and the text will read “Contact info visible on iCANN WHOIS” as shown here:
Step 3: Request a Transfer Authorization Code (EPP Code)
The authorization code prevents unauthorized third parties from accessing your domain. We will need this code as proof that you have already approved (authorized) the domain transfer.
- Still working in the Security tab, scroll down to the third and final box labeled Transfer Authorization / EPP Code.
- Take note of which email address you will be receiving your transfer code to, then click the Send Code button as shown here:
- After clicking this button, the text will change for only a couple of seconds to confirm your request, as shown here:
- You will then receive an email shortly from Bluehost containing your transfer code. Save this code to transfer your domain to us.
Once you have completed all of the above steps to ensure your domain is prepared for transfer, the next will be to send our Support Team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you are ready to proceed, and to share your domain’s transfer authorization code (from step 3) with us.
After we receive this code, we will then have all the necessary information needed to move your domain over to Brighter Vision. Once we have initiated the transfer, a member of our Support Team will reach out via email to let you know.
From here, we will keep our eyes on things and let you know if anything else is needed from your end. Otherwise, your transfer will be completed within approximately 7 days from the date we initiated the transfer.