Thanks for choosing to move your domain name over to Brighter Vision!
Before our team can help, you will first need to log in to your Register.com account here and prepare your domain for transfer by following these 3 steps:
Step 1: Unlock Your Domain
For security reasons, Register.com domains are locked against transfer by default. Before a domain name transfer is requested, the lock must be removed and the status changed to Off.
- From your main account dashboard, hover your mouse over the green Domains area, as shown here:
- From the options that appear in this area, click on the green Manage hyperlinked text, as shown here:
- If you have multiple domains or domain forwarding services in your account, you’ll be taken to a screen to choose which service you’d like to manage.Click the blue Manage hyperlinked text next to the Domain product for the domain you’re wanting to transfer, as shown here:
- Scroll down to the Enable/Disable Domain Lock section, and ensure that the Domain lock is Disabled. If it’s enabled, click the Disable Domain Lock hyperlinked text, as shown here:
- Click Continue, then click Continue again on the confirmation page.
- Note: Allow up to 24 hours for their system to recognize the change in status.
Step 2: Request a Transfer Authorization Code (EPP Code)
The authorization code prevents unauthorized third parties from accessing your domain. We will need this code as proof that you have already approved (authorized) the domain transfer.
- Return to your domain settings. Scroll to the Advanced Technical Settings section and click the blue Obtain Auth Info Code hyperlinked text, as shown here:
- Follow all of the prompts on the next page to request your domain’s authorization code.
- You will then get the Authorization Code from Register.com sent to your Administrative Contact email address. Here’s an example of what this email will look like:
- Save this code to transfer your domain to us.
Step 3: Change Your Domain’s Privacy Settings to Public
- Requesting the authorization code automatically cancels your Private Registration. This means that your Whois contact information will be public during the transfer, but the privacy will automatically re-enable after your domain is successfully transferred to Brighter Vision.
Once you have completed all of the above steps to ensure your domain is prepared for transfer, the next will be to send our Support Team an email at email@example.com letting us know you are ready to proceed, and to share your domain’s transfer authorization code (from step 2) with us.
After we receive this code, we will then have all the necessary information needed to move your domain over to Brighter Vision. Once we have initiated the transfer, a member of our Support Team will reach out via email to let you know.
From here, we will keep our eyes on things and let you know if anything else is needed from your end. Otherwise, your transfer will be completed within approximately 7 days from the date we initiated the transfer.