You can migrate your existing email messages to Hushmail using most desktop email applications. We recommend using Microsoft Outlook (PC users) or Mac Mail (Apple users).
Step 1. Sign in to your old email
- Begin by signing in to the email account with your old host (the email you’re wanting to migrate messages from) using IMAP settings, in your preferred email application.
Step 2. Sign in to your new Hushmail email
- Sign in to your new Hushmail email account in the same email application by adding another account, also using IMAP settings:
- Server Hostname: imap.hushmail.com
- Port: 993
- SSL: Enabled
- For a full tutorial on setting up your new Hushmail account in Microsoft Outlook, see Hushmail Setup – Outlook (2010 or 2013).
- For a full tutorial on setting up your new Hushmail account in Mac Mail, see Hushmail Setup – Mac Mail.
Step 3. Move your messages
- Once you’ve properly synced both email accounts to your preferred desktop mail application, you should see them both within your mail application, as shown here:
- Drag and drop each folder from the old account into your new Hushmail account, as shown here:
G Suite Migrations
For those of you who are currently using a Google mail account, you will need to change a couple of security settings in order to allow us the access needed to perform your migration.
Here are a couple of help pages that will explain the steps needed to disable 2-Step Verification and allow Less Secure Apps:
- Turn off 2-Step Verification: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1064203?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0
- Turn on Less Secure Apps: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en